- This is clickable text that users/visitors to your site will see as a link.
- This link tells users and Google information about the page.
- The better the anchor text the easier it is for users to navigate and for Google to understand what you’re linking is about.
- The text you use for the link should give users and Google a basic idea of what the page is all about.
- Make it easy for users to easily recognise the difference between regular text and anchor text (your links).
- Use generic text for the links such as ‘page’ and ‘click here’.
- Using text that is off-topic and that has no relevance to the page it is linked to.
- Use long, keyword filled anchor text just for search engines.