Whether your company already uses email marketing or you are trying to decide if it’s a good strategy for you, there are some pros and cons you should consider.
- Email Marketing is affordable, depending on the size of your data set you could pay from £30 – £150 + VAT per month to send unlimited email campaigns with the email marketing we use here at Give The Dog a Bone! Paid advertising such as billboards, newspapers and even some SEO/PPC strategies can be very expensive in the long run. With email marketing, you’ll have the initial costs of building a mailing list and investing in software, but after that your costs will be minimal.
- You can reach people super quickly! With many other online and digital marketing strategies, it takes time to reach large amounts of people. With an email, you can quickly get your message in front of thousands of people with the click of a button.
- With the system we use at GTDAB HQ (Active Campaign or Campaign Monitor) you can easily track your efforts. You can find our how many people have opened you emails and clicked on the embedded links. If you segment your lists you can also compare data to find out what emails work best with particular data sets making email marketing even more precise.
- You need to ensure that you have had permission to email your data set. Due to GDPR regulations you must give your data the option to opt in or opt out of your email marketing campaigns. With this option you may loose a fair few contacts however at least the ones left would be good quality and genuinely interested in your product/service!
- Your emails could potentially be marked as spam. If the people in your target audience are already overwhelmed with commercial emails, they may mark yours as spam or delete it without opening it. Also, if you send emails too frequently, people will unsubscribe from your emails altogether – because we all know that’s annoying!
- You may not be reaching the right audience. Depending on how you have acquired the data lists that you are using, if they don’t belong to the people most likely to become customers, your email marketing campaign won’t be very successful. Make sure the people on your list are potential leads before you spend time and resources on your email marketing campaign.
Email marketing is popular for good reason and when used correctly can be a very effective way of reaching an audience in an affordable and timely way.
We would love to help you with your email marketing campaigns and CRM system requirements so please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you would like more information!