- The navigation is key to helping visitors efficiently and quickly find the content that they want/need.
- Allows the search engine to realise what content on the site is important and what role the page plays in comparison to the whole site.
- All sites should/do have a ‘home’ page, this is usually the most popular page and the starting place for the visitors on your site.
- You should consider how visitors would move from your homepage to the page containing more specific content that they are looking for.
- There is usually a row of internal links at the top or bottom of the websites pages that guides visitors to and from the homepage.
- A site map is a basic page on your site that displays the structure of your website and usually consists of your hierarchical listing to the less important on your site. (This is mainly aimed at human visitors)
- An XML Sitemap makes it easier for Google to discover the pages on your site.
- Make it as easy as possible for your users to go from your homepage to more specific content.
- Make your content into tiny chunks, visitors will get bored of clicking 20,000 times!