- Users know good content when they see it and could potentially direct other visitors via blogs, social media, email etc.
- Creating compelling and useful content and information is likely to influence your website more than many other factors.
- Consider the words visitors on your page may use – someone with a lot of knowledge on your content are likely to use different keywords in their search than someone who is not a familiar with the content.
- Think of a service that no other websites and competitors offer. Many other sites may not have the capability and resources to do these things.
- Write easy-to-read text.
- Break up content into logical chunks for visitors so they find it faster.
- Update content regularly – this keeps existing visitors interested and brings new ones in.
- Write sloppy text with spelling and grammatical mistakes!
- Just throw a load of text/content onto a page without headings and paragraphs.
- Insert unnecessary keywords aimed at search engines rather then visitors.