Quality Score is Google’s rating of the quality and relevance of both keywords and PPC ads. It is used to determine your cost per click and multiplied by your maximum bid to determine your ad rank in the ad auction process. Your QS depends on multiple facts, including:
- Your click-through rate (CTR)
- The relevance of each keyword to its ad group
- Landing page quality and relevance
- The relevant of you ad text
- Your historical AdWords account performance
When more people who see your ad click it, thats a strong indication to Google that your ads are relevant and helpful to users. Accordingly, Google rewards you with:
- Higher ad rankings
- Lower costs
BENEFITS OF IMPROVING GOOGLE QUALITY SCORE
By analysing thousands of PPC accounts, we know that Quality Score has a direct correlation on your PPC success. By optimising your QS, you’ll be setting yourself up for higher return on investment (ROI). Higher Quality Scores correlate with lower cost per conversion! Cost per conversion is different from cost per click. It’s not how much you pay for each click, but how much you pay when someone takes the action you want them to take, whether that’s signing up for a free trial or making a product purchase. Since not every click results in a conversion, cost per conversion is generally higher than cost per click.
A high quality score is Google’s way of saying that your PPC ad meets your potential customers’ needs. The better you are at meeting the prospects needs, the less Google will charge you for the ad click.
How do you increase your quality score?
Since Quality Score determines where and how often your ads appear. it’s important to boost your ratings by working consistently on your account. This can be achieved by focusing your efforts on several key areas:
- Keyword research – Discover new, highly relevant keywords to add to your campaigns, including long-tail opportunities that can contribute to the bulk of your overall traffic.
- Keywords Organisation – Split your keywords into tight organised groups that can be more effectively tied to individual ad campaigns.
- Refining Ad Text – Test out PPC ad copy that is more targeted to your individual ad groups. More effective ads get higher CTR, one of the best ways to improve Quality Score.
- Optimising Landing Pages – Follow landing page best practices to create pages that connect directly with your ad groups and provides cohesive experience for visitors, from keyword to conversion.
- Adding Negative Keywords – Continuously research, identify, and exclude irrelevant search terms that are wasting budget.